On September 18, Apple released iOS 7 to all compatible devices.
Unfortunately, iOS 7 has some critical bugs and issues with regards to web apps (apps that run from the browser, like CellSend).
Some of the issues that affect CellSend’s web app are:
- Cannot delete texts
- Cannot open links (including YouTube and Email links)
- Cannot use the Call, SMS or Map buttons
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it until Apple fixes the bugs in iOS 7.
In the mean time, we implemented a work-around: we disable the “web app” mode for iOS 7 users.
Disabling the web app mode means that when you click the CellSend icon on your phone’s homescreen, the app will open in Safari instead of in it’s own dedicated window (see the image below).
This work-around applies only to iOS 7 users – other users are not affected.
To implement this fix on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Delete the CellSend app icon from your homescreen (tap and hold the icon until it shakes, then click the “x” button to delete it).
- Open “Safari” and go to http://csnd.me/<your verification code>
- Add the app to your homescreen.
The fix will not take effect until you remove and re-add CellSend to your phone’s homescreen!
We apologize for this inconvenience and as soon as Apple release a fix for the problems in iOS 7 we will re-enable “web app” mode.