Since we first released version 2.0 of CellSend, we only had 1 minor update to our web app and we are happy to report it had very little problems.
Today we are releasing the first major update – version 2.1.0.
Version 2.1.0 adds allot of UI changes as well as new features.
Here is the full release notes for this version:
- New “Open In…” button – click the button to open a popup with list of 3rd party apps to open your text in, with large app icons for easy tapping.
- Added support for Twitter and Instapaper (in the “Open In” section).
- Maps is now device-specific – When using an iOS device, the text will open in Apple Maps app, for Android – Google Maps and for Windows Phone – Bing Maps.
The Maps icon will also change according to your device.
- New Phone Menu – clicking on a phone number in your text will open up the phone menu, allowing you to choose either “call” or “sms”.
- New icons for “Delete” and “Reader”.
- Reader now has a grey color theme, making it easier on the eyes when reading long texts.
- Reader text font is now “Open Sans” – a cleaner, nicer and easier to read font.
- Better phone number highlighting – we now recognize more phone number formations.
If you have an app you would like to see added to the Open In section, please let s know!
As usual, we appreciate any feedback you may have!